Who we are
Fostering A Sense Of Identity, Pride and Self Respect to be a Barbadian
National Transformation Initiative is part of the Barbados Economic Recovery and Transformation (BERT) Programme. NTI was established to address one of the Pillars of the BERT Growth Strategy and part of the RERE programme. Growth Strategy – Section 4 (a): Investing in and deepening existing investments in skills training and education.
To equip every Barbadian with the knowledge, skills and values to be citizens of good character and competence in a digital world.
A confident, conscious, creative, community-minded citizen empowered to be an active contributor to achieving excellence in a Smart Barbados engaging the world.
- Acquire self-awareness and apply management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness.
- Act with integrity and make responsible decisions that uphold moral principles.
- Acquire social awareness and apply interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships based on mutual respect.
- Be resilient and have the ability to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Take pride in our national identity, heritage, legacy of foreparts, national heroes and having a sense of belonging to Barbados and be committed to nation building.
- Value Barbados’ socio-cultural sensitivity and promote social cohesion and harmony.
- Care for others and contribute actively to the progress of our community and nation.
- Reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues as an informed and responsible citizen.